WANTED: PASSIONATE ASSISTANT CHEESEMAKER
Woombye Cheese is seeking a passionate Assistant Cheesemaker to join us making Australia’s best soft cheeses from the heart of the Sunshine Coast.
From our hinterland factory, we produce our award-winning cheese which we distribute nationally. If you know cheeses, chances are you’ve probably indulged in our Ash Brie, savoured our Truffle Triple Cream Brie, pined over our Triple Cream Brie and gorged on our Blackall Gold!
We are a family-owned, handcrafted cheesemaking business with big plans for 2023 and beyond. We value teamwork and safe work practices.
About the Role:
- Full-time and part-time positions available
- Strong work ethic and good physical fitness
- Willingness to learn and develop food safety knowledge
- Follow directions and learn from Award-winning cheesemaker
We are looking for a team member with good attention to detail who can pitch in and learn the art of cheesemaking from our head Cheesemaker and who understands (or is willing to learn) food safety protocols.
- Fit & healthy & enthusiastic
- Able to lift 15kg – 20kg
- Previous food handling experience is an advantage
- A commitment to food safe practices
- Ability to get to and from factory at West Woombye independently
- Willingness to work up to 2 weekends per month
- Honest, trustworthy, helpful demeanour with a sense of personal responsibility
Cheesemaking opportunities like this don’t come by very often!
To apply for this role head click here.