Ugly Duck Fine Foods Fig & Fennel Tart With Woombye Cheese Camembert
What could be better than golden, melted Camembert & crisp filo pastry? We love the addition of Ugly Duck Preserves Fig & Fennel Paste for a touch of sweetness. Perfect as a light brunch, or as an alternative to your sweeter-style desserts.
What you will need
- 1 x wheel of Woombye Cheese Camembert
- 1 x jar of Ugly Duck Fine Foods Fig & Fennel Paste
- 4 x fresh figs (Or dried figs if you can’t find any fresh in season)
- 1 x packet of filo pastry
- 1 x bunch of thyme
- 1 x egg
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees
- Line a tart tin or ceramic dish with the filo pastry, brush with egg wash & bake until lightly golden brown
- Spread a generous serve of Ugly Duck Preserves Fig & Fennel Paste onto filo pastry
- Cut figs into quarters and place on top of the preserve, along with teared chunks of the Camembert (the more rustic the better). Sprinkle with thyme.
- Bake for a further 10 – 15 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and gone golden brown. Allow to cool and serve warm.