ASPARAGUS, TOMATO & BRIE CHEESE TART
This tart is beautiful served warm or cold, perfect for a light spring lunch, served with a tossed salad. So simple to make.
The highlight of this tart is the beautful complimenting flavours of the sweetness from the tomatoes, and creaminess of the asparagus and cheese. Total perfection peaks especially when you use the top shelf cheese from the artisan Australian hand crafted cheese makers WOOMBYE triple brie cheese. It is worth hunting down a stockist of this delightfully blended award winning cheese. Check the webiste for stockists. Enjoy this recipe – MR x
For the pastry:
80 gram unsalted organic butter, chilled & cut into cubes
150 grams wholemeal spelt flour
50 grams chilled water
For the tart:
10 grams organic butter
2 bunches asparagus, woody ends broken off
Salt & pepper
1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
4 – 5 thin slices ‘Woombye’ triple brie cheese
Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- For the pastry, place butter, flour & salt into a food processor, blitz until blended and resembles fine breadcrumbs. With the machine still running, slowly add water until it forms into a ball of dough. Remove, shape into a ball and flatten into a disc, wrap in cling film and place in the fridge for at least 20 minutes to rest.
- Melt butter in a small frypan on high, add in asparagus season with salt & pepper, toss for approx 2 minutes or until asparagus is looking bright green and shiny. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Remove pastry from fridge, place on a lightly floured surface, gently roll pastry out into a rectangle, approx 60cm x 25cm with a thickness of 1mm. Place pastry on baking tray that has been lined with greaseproof paper.
- To build your tart, place slices of cheese on the base, top with asparagus spears, finally add cherry tomatoes around edges.
- Using a pinching motion, curl up edges of pastry to hug the edge of the tomatoes and asparagus, continue until you have a nice crimped edge.
- Cook in a pre-heated oven for approx 20 minutes, or until base and edges of the pastry tart shell is golden brown.
Recipe created by – Maddie Race – Holistic Health Coach